Friday, September 24, 2010

This Year Roger Rabbit Will Be Our Christmas Star

I'm obsessed with advertising. I don't know why, but something about it fascinates me. I study it like it's ... I don't know, like it's a thing that people study. So there'll be a lot of commercials on this blog (mostly old ones, but maybe some new ones if I like them enough).
And what better way to introduce you to my advertising obsession than by combining it with two of my other obsessions: Disneyland and Christmas?



This is probably my favorite television commercial of all time. It makes me happy. I love the jingle, I love the product it's trying to sell me (I still have in my bedroom a 1988 Disneyland poster: "Roger Rabbit's Very First Christmas At Disneyland"), it's just all around directly targeted at me.
By the way, appealing to the Sally Zybert Demographic is a bad way to run an advertising business.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: