Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Turbo Time!

Okay, I'm enjoying having this blog too much. I'm sure the novelty will wear off eventually. Until then, though, let's talk techno.
I'm not a huge fan of techno music. I like Smile by Paulina Taylor and The System Is Down by Strong Bad and, if you count them as techno, pretty much everything by Mindless Self Indulgence but for a very long time, that was all.
Then I discovered the Half Life: Full Life Consequences remix by Furries In A Blender:



(There's actually two of these songs; I'm including only the one that has an interesting video. The other one just has a close up picture of John Freeman that's kind of disturbing.)
Well, I couldn't stop listening to it. I sent it to Ivan, who'd introduced me to Half Life: Full Life Consequences in the first place. His response: "It reminds me of Put That Cookie Down."



Oh man, do I ever love Put That Cookie Down! I've never even seen Jingle All The Way. (I do like to refer to Arnold Schwarzenegger as Governor Jingle All The Way, though.)
Through Put That Cookie Down I discovered This Is Sparta:



Through This Is Sparta I discovered Gimmie Back My Son:



And, of course, through Gimmie Back My Son I discovered Why Is The Rum Gone:



So apparently I am a techno fan. Just the very specific "remixes of movies" genre of techno music.
If any you reading this out there knows of any more songs in this genre that I might like, please send them to me. I'd love to hear them.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: