Monday, January 28, 2013

In The Hall. With The Revolver. Now I'm Going Home And Sleep With My Wife.

A continuation on a theme, here's more about Clue! And also about Gogol Bordello. Because I have a serious disorder called "one track mind." Or "two track mind." Or "obsessive fangirlism." Or something.
Basically, I had a dream last night that I was in a foreign country (I don't know which one) but had lost the key to my hotel room and was wandering the city. There was a cathedral where a wedding / production of Oliver was going on. (The wedding involved either David Schwimmer or one of my cousins.) I didn't go in but I was hanging out on the cathedral steps with a girl wearing a prom dress and really thick glasses and Eugene Hutz, who was taking care of an abandoned baby he found. He was playing Beatles songs to her. It was cute.
Anyway, eventually the conversation turned to board games and I was explaining to Eugene and Prom Dress about Killer Clue, but I was doing a really poor job of it because Killer Clue is a variation on the rules invented by my friend Kristin and I've never actually played it, she's just told me about it.
I woke up mid-explanation and, to make a long story short (too late) I have a brilliant idea: Gogol Bordello Clue!
The characters were easy (Eugene, Sergey, Yuri, Elizabeth, etc.) as were the "rooms" (replaced with places they're from / have lived: New York, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Scotland, etc.) but I'm having trouble with the weapons and the plot.
Plotwise, I don't want to kill anybody off. Although my friend Alisa pointed out "if you're serious, people gotta die" and it's not like anybody's dying for real. It's just a board game.
She also suggested instruments as weapons, which is a pretty good idea. I was trying to mine song lyrics for ideas but only came up with one. There are definitely enough instruments in the band to take over the parts of the weapons and I'll probably end up doing that, but I am a little bummed to lose the trans-Siberian sex toy weapon.
Maybe I'll do a mix. (If I can come up with any others from lyrics; the only othe object I can think of off the top of my head is "something" that they mention in Sally (that song's named like my name!) and I guess that's a little too vague to make a piece out of.)
The point is ... I don't know what the point is. I'm really liking this make-my-own-variations-of-Clue idea and am probably going to run with it. As long as I don't mass produce them or sell them for profit, that's not a crime, right?



Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: