Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Looks Like I Shant Be Sleeping Tonight

Last time I hung out with my friend Michelle she showed me that website Tumblr that people tend to not shut up about. I had never seen it before. And ever since that night I'd been deliberately avoiding it because I knew it was an abyss from which I could never escape.
Except tonight I was trying to keep my mind off the fact that my friend totally flaked on me (ironically, earlier today he was complaining about other people flaking on him) because I don't want to sit around being sad.
What keeps me from being sad? Eugene Hutz of course! So I have spent, so far, one hour scrolling through Tumblr, after typing "Eugene Hutz" in the searchbar.
I don't want to sit around being sad but apparently I have no problem sitting around being pathetic.
A lot of people on Tumblr seem really fixated on Everything Is Illuminated which I don't really get; yeah, it's a better movie than Filth And Wisdom but he just doesn't look right cleanshaven.
(Okay, I guess that's a little unfair. I watch Everything Is Illuminated more often than I'm willing to admit and way more often than I watch Filth And Wisdom. He's dreamy with or without the mustache. But if someone put a gun to my head and demanded I made a bunch of animated GIFs from either that or Filth And Wisdom, I'd pick Filth And Wisdom because, while it may be a terrible movie, he's just so damn gorgeous in it.)
On the other hand, a few people on Tumblr somehow have access to pictures of Eugene from his modeling days, which are fascinating. Makes me want to go buy up late '90s fashion magazines (I assume that's when the pictures are from? I could be wrong. Early 2000s, maybe?) in the hopes that I'll run across him.
... I'm still bummed my friend never got back to me about hanging out. We had plans, dude. Every time we have plans, he flakes out on me. I should never believe him when he says he'd like to hang out later.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: