Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Egg McMuffin Of Blog Posts

This blog seems to be becoming the place where I complain about horrible commercials. Here's one for you:



Okay, yes, the entire premise is stupid. Referring to anything as the "Egg McMuffin" of anything in a way that is supposed to mean anything better than "okay if it's the only option" is ridiculous.
But that's not what I take offense at.
What elevates this ad to the point that raises my blood pressure enough for me to take to the internet in a rage is the first scenario, where a guy tells his girlfriend he loves her and his girlfriend clearly stalls before telling him "I think you're the Egg McMuffin of boyfriends."
Not only does it not fit in with the rest of the premise of the commercial (where everyone else is using that phrase to mean "ultimate in its field;" this girl seems to be the only one who's using my "okay when it's the only option" definition), but holy fancy god, what a wretched bitch! Who responds to "I love you" with *obvious pause that indicates a lack of returned love* "You're like breakfast from McDonalds."
What's worse is the guy smiles, like she's just complimented him. She just called you cheap and mediocre, dude! Dump her ass and find a girlfriend who doesn't suck!
... On the other hand, you were dumb enough to fall for it. Nevermind. I take it back. Stay with her. You two can have your own sitcom:
Stupid And The Bitch, this fall on NBC!

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: