Wednesday, February 23, 2011

On A Completely Unrelated Note

Merry monsters!



Why can't we have commercials like this in the United States? Who doesn't love a mummy rushing to bandage a kid's leg?
On the other hand, it's an ad for a company I personally hate because they lied to me and tried to bilk me out of almost two hundred dollars.
They told me if I put my cable "on hold" for six months the account would still technically be "active" and then I wouldn't have to pay their ridiculous "you didn't keep our cable for a year so we're charging you extra to cancel it" fee. So I put my cable on hold for six months. After which, when I called to cancel it completely (after having been reassured that this would surely count as me having cable for a year), they told me I needed to pay their ridiculous you didn't keep our cable for a year so we're charging you extra fee. I told them that six months before one of their telephone representatives told me that having cable on hold for six months counted as having cable for six months and I would pay no such fee. They kept billing me until I sent them multiple emails telling them they were liars and I hated them. Then they left me alone, billwise, although every once in a while I do get mail from them trying to get me to subscribe to their cable again.
No dice, DirecTV. I don't care how many awesome movie monsters you put in your foreign commercials. You're still liars, I still hate you and I will not even consider you next time I have to pick a cable provider. Thbbbth.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: