Friday, February 4, 2011

Dream Casting (The Rocky Horror Picture Show)

It's no secret that I kind of hate The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I say "kind of" because I love about half of the soundtrack. But if I never hear The Time Warp again, it'll be too fucking soon.
Anyway, I think it's kind of awesome that they're remaking it. I don't know why; maybe I just think it's funny in a "mean to the fans" sort of way. I never said I was a nice person.
At any rate, I like the idea of a remake and I was just thinking about what it would be like if I were to cast it myself. First of all, I'd only cast musicians and second of all, most of them would be musicians I like.
Hell, if I were allowed to cast the remake, it might actually turn me into a Rocky Horror fan.

Brad Majors - Josh Groban
Columbia - Britney Spears
Dr. Frank-N-Furter - Mike Patton (failing that, just have Anthony Stewart Head reprise the role)
Dr. Scott - Bill Moseley (yes, he's primarily an actor, but not only did he have a pretty big role in Repo! The Genetic Opera but he's been in two bands: Cornbugs and Spider Mountain BBQ)
Eddie - Christian Kane or Voltaire (depending on which way you want to go with it; I actually prefer Christian Kane because, thanks to Angel, he comes with his own cannibalism joke: just replace "Meat Loaf" with "McDonalds")
Janet Weiss - Sarah McLachlan
Magenta - Amanda Palmer (I dare you to come up with a better choice)
Riff Raff - Alice Cooper
Rocky Horror - Eugene Hutz
The Criminologist (I had to look his name up; I was just going to call him "Narrator Guy") - John Flansburgh

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: