Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Dozing Over Rows Of Whiskey Sours

I know a lot of people hate Barry Manilow, but I can't. Even if I wanted to, it's just not possible. First of all, I don't care what anybody says, I genuinely like the song Mandy (and I hope the urban legend that it's about a dog is true). He also used to write commercial jingles, a wholly underrated genre of music.
More than that, even if Mandy and the commercial jingles didn't exist, ol' Barry has an ace in the hole; the only other song by him I know is A Nice Boy Like Me:



Hell yeah! That song is Da Shizzle.
And, if you don't like the way Mister Manilow sings it, maybe you'll like the first performance of it I ever heard/saw, by Sandy Duncan on The Muppet Show:



Nobody can convince me that doesn't rock.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: