Saturday, May 4, 2013

Okay, I Have To Admit I Do Still Like One Of Her Songs, But Only One...

I recently saw a quote from Sarah Silverman that said something along the lines of “I don’t set out to offend people but I don’t do anything to avoid it, either.”
That would be honorable if the first half of the quote weren’t complete bullshit.
Her entire schtick is “I’m petite and cute and just said something really racist / sexist / religionist / ageist / whatever.” There’s no point to it other than to offend.
A lot of people claim it’s satire but I don’t think it is because there’s no message; sure, she’s pretending to be something she’s not but she’s also not pointing out anything about society. Even actual racists don’t talk the way she does. She just says offensive shit and we’re supposed to think that’s hilarious because she’s pretty.
I used to really like her “comedy” (and saw her live many times) until I realized there was nothing in it. I tried really hard to still like her after I figured that out, but the humor dies really fast once you realize it’s pointless.
I cannot fucking stand Sarah Silverman.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: