Saturday, December 29, 2012

Goals For Next Year

I've been against the idea of making New Years Resolutions since at least high school because the concept seems automatic and hollow to me. People make them without taking them seriously or following through on them. They just say "This is my New Years Resolution," announce it to anyone who will listen for about a week and then drop the whole thing like a fifty pound slime bug that's on fire.
However, I am sick of being in a sadness rut and am going to do what I can to pull myself out of it at long last.
Therefore, my goals for 2013 are as follows:

- get a job (I applied for the circulation page job that I used to do at the library and am hoping like crazy that they hire me; it's the best job I ever had, even though it is only part time)
- shave my head (I've had this plan for a while now where I want to shave my head completely bald and wear costumey wigs every day. Or just go around in my scalp; it depends on how cute my head is)
- find myelf a boyfriend (which makes me sound like every fifteen year old girl on the planet (except the gay ones, I guess; they probably don't want boyfriends) but I am lonely and it's getting more and more difficult and sad to be perpetually single as time goes on)
- get at least one tattoo (more, if possible)
- go to Disneyland at least once (more, if possible)
- write every day (this one is always more difficult than it sounds but I joined a writer's group that my friend put together and I think that might help)
- start walking more (I miss it, it might get me into better shape and I like having the time to listen to music)
- eat everything I possibly can (foods I've never tried, foods I know I love, pretentious fancy food, lousy processed food, absolutely anything that sounds delicious or like a dare, I want to eat all of it)
- take a trip (I want to visit Portmeirion in Wales, go on a Scottish castle tour, have a Guinness in Ireland and see a concert at some divey punk club in London. And possibly take a jaunt over to Disneyland Paris, but maybe not)
- move to Vermont (my plan is to use whatever money is leftover from my trip (if there is any) toward a place to live in Vermont but I may be too much of a coward to just pick up and move all the way across the country from everybody I know; on the other hand, maybe I need to do something drastic like that)
- learn to cook (I've been collecting recipes)
- get a good quality bowler hat (they look cute on me)
- go to as many concerts as possible (I've gotten a head start on this one, sort of; I have tickets to see Tomahawk in February)
- have laser hair removal (I have this nasty chick whisker thing going on that I would really like to stop once and for all; and now I've gone and announced it to the entire internet and am embarrassed. Thank goodness no one reads this stuff)

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: