Friday, August 24, 2012

Disturbing Images Comparison Study

Okay, so, I've heard that Mr. Bungle's only music video was banned from MTV back in the day due to "disturbing imagery."



Yeah, I guess I can see how that might be kind of creepy. You've got clown masks, doll abuse, guys who I guess are supposed to look like they've been lynched even though they're clearly not hanging by their necks. Spooky, I guess.
On the other hand, I remember a summer when MTV played the video for I Stay Away by Alice In Chains roughly sixty two quatrillion times.



I had to run out of the room every time this damn video came on. Creepy claymation, an actual storyline (as opposed to the unconnected images of the Bungle video) about violent deaths and the entire ruin of a circus caused by something as small and random as a fly, not to mention the fact that all the "accidents" were caused with malice aforethought by the dude who brought the flies into the circus. This video still scares me.
The video for Travolta / Quote Unquote is too random and blurry to be disturbing. I Stay Away, however, makes me want to hide under the bed and cry.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: