Thursday, August 23, 2012

An Amendment To Lovely Ladies In Entertainment

I was going to just avoid the whole subject until I remembered one of the parties involved was on my Lovely Ladies list and ... well, okay, it goes like this:
From what I've pieced together from the internet news and debates I could actually stand to read before giving up, Spoony got fired from ThatGuyWithTheGlasses because Lupa started a fight with him over something he posted on Twitter. The post was apparently a rape joke (the only thing about it I found offensive was the fact that it was pretty much entire incomprehensible) that he almost immediately apologized for. Months later, Obscurus Lupa saw it, got mad, Some Stuff Happened (this is the part where stories get muddled and Sally gets fed up) and Spoony got fired.
I like Spoony. I think he's funny. I also think Lupa is funny but, to be honest, I'd kind of lost interest in her reviews anyway. Remembering to watch them was like a chore. I still think her Radu Reviews are good and I'll probably watch them if she posts more. But on the whole I had pretty much stopped watching both Lupa and Spoony by the time all that shit went down.
And, in the spirit of nonpartisanship, not knowing the whole situation and really not knowing the whole situation, I hereby eject Obscurus Lupa from my Lovely Ladies In Entertainment list.
Her replacement is Macedonian singer-songwriter Kaliopi Bukle.



She's beautiful, her singing is amazing and she isn't in the center of any controversies I am aware of.
Tune in next time when I go off about people getting offended by stuff.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: