Tuesday, October 12, 2010

It's Okay To Be Gay

I've been hearing a lot of horrible stories lately about gay kids killing themselves because people are inhumanly cruel to them about their sexuality. I can't fathom how or why shit like that could be happening.
So, I'm taking this opportunity to say: There is nothing wrong with homosexuality, bisexuality or transgenderism (or whatever the word for that is). I support everybody's everything.
And I've been wanting an excuse to share this ad:



This was a pro-gay marriage / anti-Proposition Eight ad from the election a few years ago. It still makes me cry. It's the most brilliantly made political advertisement in the history of time, and I defy anybody to find me a better one. (That one of the little girl picking daisies from the '60s? Dishwater compared to this one.)
Another really well done, pro-gay (but non-political) ad is this French one for McDonalds:



And, because I can't leave here without a little humor (and I can't deny I'm a sucker for campiness and drag queens) I'll leave you with Tomboy and their blog-titling message that It Is, in fact, Okay To Be Gay.



Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: