Friday, April 12, 2013

NBC Hates Me

Several weeks ago I stayed up way later than necessary to see Tomahawk on Last Call With Carson Daly. The footage on the show was filmed at a concert that I happened to be at and it was Tomahawk's first television performance, and I was very thrilled to see it.
Two lines into Stone Letter, my second favorite song on the new album, NBC cut off the show for a special report about The Pope resigning.
And I was pissed.
So now, finally, finally, they've put the Tomahawk clips on their Last Call With Carson Daly website. And, while Oddfellows plays fine, the Stone Letter video just sits there, mocking me, refusing to start.
I am embedding it here in the hopes that somehow that will make it play.



If that doesn't work, I don't know what I'll do.
I guess NBC does have every right to hate me; I loudly announced to everyone who'd listen (which was nobody) six months before the whole Conan Tonight Show debacle happened when Jay Leno threw a tantrum and I was certain that they'd fire Conan and give the show back to Leno. And when they did, I was one of Conan's most vocal supporters. And I refused to watch NBC for months afterwards until Gogol Bordello was playing on one of their late night shows and forced me to tune in. Then, when the whole "interrupt Tomahawk for the Pope" thing happened, I sent them a very angry email where I threatened to curse at them and told them I hate them.
So, yeah, NBC can hate me all they want.
But I'll extend some sort of olive branch if they'll just let me watch this Stone Letter video!

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: