Monday, July 22, 2013

Just Thinking

My freshman year of high school I got nominated for "Homecoming Court" or something like that. But football games and school dances were not my kind of thing, and I just assumed it would end up being a Carrie situation anyway (I had few friends and mostly kept to myself), so I just didn't bother to show up for any of things that I was, as a nominee, supposed to do.
It didn't occur to me until, like, two days ago that maybe all those kids actually just nominated me because they thought I was nice and I blew them off. Now I feel like a jerk.
But maybe they would have just made fun of me.
But maybe they wouldn't have.
There's no way of knowing now. Either way, I would have been uncomfortable. It's just now I feel bad retroactively in case they nominated me with sincere intentions.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: