Thursday, July 26, 2012

A List Of Possible List Options

Yesterday on Facebook I lamented that I really wanted to make a list (an urge I get with alarming frequency) but had no subject on which to base a list. One of my friends suggested I make a list of list ideas.
I don't know if he thought he was kidding or not, but I know that I wasn't and it was the only topic suggestion anyone gave me.
This is what I came up with:

-- a million things that bug me - I stole this one from a Calvin And Hobbes strip; I always thought it sounded like a fun list to write
-- a million things that make me happy - have to balance the bad with the good
-- bands I used to love
-- best movie deaths
-- cartoon characters I've had crushes on
-- conversation topics that are boring
-- dreamiest famous people - this is actually a list I make fairly often; my first one was inspired by VH1's 100 Hottest Hotties list that I disagreed with so severely that I had to make my own
-- fashion trends I've liked
-- favorite books
-- favorite comedians
-- favorite comic books
-- favorite comic strips
-- favorite Disney movies
-- favorite foods
-- favorite languages I don't understand - while considering this, I realized I tend to like "harsher" languages; for instance I'd probably put Klingon on the list even though I've only seen a few episodes of Star Trek and the whole language kind of sounds like someone trying to dislodge something from their throat
-- favorite Mike Patton songs
-- favorite movie villains
-- favorite musicals
-- favorite music videos
-- favorite non-musical plays
-- favorite old commercials
-- favorite television theme songs
-- favorite They Might Be Giants songs
-- favorite things to find on the ground
-- favorite villain songs
-- favorite words
-- great songs with lousy music videos
-- guilty pleasures
-- jobs I'd like to try
-- least favorite boks
-- least favorite Disney movies
-- least favorite foods
-- least favorite musicals
-- least favorite words
-- movies I know I've seen but don't remember anything about
-- movies I own for shallow reasons - in other words movies that have an actor I really like in them but aren't necessarily movies I like
-- movies I saw in the theater more than once
-- movies I wanted to see when they came out but forgot about and never did get around to actually watching
-- movies that are only worth seeing once
-- movies that cheer me up
-- movies that make me mad
-- my irrational fears
-- my personal one hit wonders - in other words, bands who have one song I like and a bunch of songs I don't
-- out of context punchlines
-- pets I've had
-- pets I've wanted
-- places I'd like to go
-- places I've been
-- songs that make me cry
-- songs with numbers in their titles
-- songs with people's names in their titles
-- story ideas
-- tattoos I've considered getting
-- television shows of my childhood
-- things I actually liked about school
-- things I'd do if I could time travel - I thought about this one a bit and realized I'd mostly just go to a lot of concerts
-- things I'm bad at
-- things I'm good at
-- things I've always wanted - well that's vague; I wonder what I meant by that
-- things that scared me when I was a child
-- worst episodes of good television shows

Be seeing you.
-Sally

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for cartoon characters you've had crushes on, favorite things to find on the ground and tattoos you've considered getting.
Not that the rest aren't good. But you have to start somewhere, right?
proffy

Staples said...

I don't think I'll get around to *every* idea I thought up, but I'll certainly make a point to make those three lists. :-)