Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hubba Hubba Hubba Hubba Hubba

Last night Ivy played me a bunch of music. It was fun. I like music. Anyway, here's some of it:



First of all, this is probably my favorite of the songs she played me, which is maybe sad on my part (of course I went for the silliest song). The thing is, I think the main reason I liked it best is because I have vague memories of my older brother singing it years and years ago. Mostly just "I'm a happy boy (happy boy)!" but there were probably some "hubba"s in there, too.
Anyway, then there was this:



Which speaks very much to my love of fast singing.
And finally, I wouldn't recommend this video if you have issues with zombies, creepy zombie faces or zombies with glitter confetti for blood:



I would like to use this opportunity to bitch about something that music videos have been doing probably since forever that I have always hated: interrupting the song for the sake of having more video. While I heartily approve of music videos being movies and having stories, they're music videos, goddamnit! I have no problem with extra video being added to the beginning and end of the songs, but adding extra video to the middle interrupts the flow of the song, which, as far as I'm concerned, is just as important as what's going on onscreen. Possibly moreso, since the video is intended to showcase the song.
I'm just sayin'.

Be seeing you.
-Sally

No comments: